Telopea Park School Parents and Citizens (P&C) Association helps bring the school and parents closer together, advocates on systemic school issues, oversees the Before and After School Care Program, and contributes fundraising assistance to the school via social events.
Our functions are outlined in our constitution, which are to:
- elect parent representatives to the School Board and maintain liaison
- promote the educational interests and welfare of the TPS community
- raise valuable funds to improve school facilities and purchase additional equipment and resources
- oversee the operations of the Before and After School Care Program and Uniform Shop
- contribute to the development of goals and policies of the school
- discuss school and educational issues
- make representations relating to the well-being and safety of students
All parents of TPS students are members of the P&C and are invited to attend our P&C meetings or become involved through various subcommittees and events. It’s a great way to connect with the school community and become active in your child’s schooling.
Our advocacy for parents is done in a variety of ways, including:
- parents raise systemic issues of concern with us via email and year chat groups (whatsapp and facebook)
- we hold once per term open meetings with school senior staff (all are welcome)
- we meet directly with senior school staff
The P&C helps to deliver several services to parents:
- The Outside School Hours Care program provides a number of care options outside of school hours, including Music After School
- The 2nd Hand Uniform Shop provides uniforms for the primary and secondary schools including online ordering. New uniforms are bought at Lowes located in Westfield Belconnen, Level 2 (Benjamin Way, Belconnen). They have online ordering.
- Lost properties / Objects Trouves Primary students and parents/guardians can search the Lost Property area at drop off (8.30-9am) or when picking up students from Outside School Hours Care. The lost property crates are located in the primary courtyard, opposite the Francophonie Hall. If your items are labelled you can also email our volunteers for help at LostProperty-at-telopeapnc.org.au